First Annual Event
29 – 30 June 2023
Senate House, University of London & Online
The UK-Ireland Digital Humanities Association plans to award ten (10) bursaries of £200 to support in-person attendance at the Annual Event, 29-30 June 2023. The bursaries are to make the event more accessible to those who would otherwise be unable to attend, with specific attention to supporting postgraduate students, early career researchers, and those who are precariously employed. Applicants do not need to have a paper accepted to apply.
The deadline to apply for bursaries is 5:00 PM BST on Thursday, 25 May 2023. Applicants will be notified of the results by Wednesday, 31 May 2023. Applications are now closed.
Bursaries are open to the following groups.
- Students currently enrolled in a postgraduate-level degree course (masters or doctoral).
- Preference will be given to students enrolled in Irish or UK institutions.
Early Career Researchers
- This includes those who are within eight years of the date their PhD award or equivalent professional training OR those who are within six years of their first academic appointment (the first full or part time paid employment contract that lists research or teaching as the primary function).
- These periods exclude any career break, for example due to:
- family care
- health reasons
- reasons related to COVID-19 such as home schooling or increased teaching load.
- Preference will be given to those who are not employed on permanent contracts.
- Those people who are working without a permanent contract or who are not affiliated with an organisation or institution.
- This includes those on fixed-term contracts in galleries, archives, libraries, museums, the creative industries, and the technology sector.
Applicants do not need to have a paper accepted in order to apply for a bursary. However, preference will be given to those who are presenting.
Bursaries are intended to support those who do not have support from their institution/employer, a grant or other funding source. They can be used to cover costs related to travel, accommodation, childcare, or anything else that would facilitate the recipient’s attendance at the event. We encourage you to seek funding from your institution/employer if it is available.
If you are unsure whether you are eligible, please email email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed by the Association and decisions will take into account demonstrated financial need, the applicant’s motivation for attending, and importance of ensuring a diverse group of attendees at the event.
All bursary awards are made provisionally and will only be confirmed on return of a written acceptance via email and when a completed registration with full payment has been received and processed.
Payment of the bursary will be by bank transfer following the conference and this will only be authorised once the recipient has registered in person at the conference. If a bursary holder is unable to attend the conference due to an emergency, the Association will work with them on a case-by-case basis and may be able to cover costs already incurred.